Terms and Conditions
Whenever used in this Policy, the following terms shall have the respective meanings as set forth below:
“Business Day” means any day that Philippine banks are open for business,
“DPA” means the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations, as well as the circulars issued by the National Privacy Commission from time to time.
“Person” means any natural or juridical person.
“Personal data” means personal information and sensitive personal information.
“Personal information” refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual;
“Processing” refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating, or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure, or destruction of data. Processing may be performed through automated means, or manual processing, if the personal data are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing system.
“Sensitive personal information” refers to personal information: (1) about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations; (2) about an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings; (3) issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; or (4) specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Whenever the word, “include,” “includes” or “including” are used in this Policy, they shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”.
The meaning assigned to each term used here will be equally applicable to both the singular and plural forms of such term, and the words denoting any gender shall include all genders.
2. Personal data not covered
This Policy does not apply to the following information:
- Information processed for the purpose of allowing public access to information that fall within matters of public concern, pertaining to:
(i) Information about any individual who is or was an officer or employee of government that relates to his or her position or functions;
(ii) Information about an individual who is or was performing a service under contract for a government institution, but only insofar as it relates to such service, including his name and the terms of his contract; and
(iii) Information relating to a benefit of a financial nature conferred on an individual upon the discretion of the government, such as the granting of a license or permit, including the name of the individual and the exact nature of the benefit: Provided, that they do not include benefits given in the course of an ordinary transaction or as a matter of right.
- Personal information that will be processed for research purpose, intended for a public benefit, subject to the requirements of applicable laws, regulations, or ethical standards; and
- Information necessary in order to carry out the functions of public authority, in accordance with a constitutionally or statutorily mandated function pertaining to law enforcement or regulatory function, including the performance of the functions of the independent, central monetary authority, subject to restrictions provided by law.
3. Purposes for collection and processing of personal data
We use personal data to:
(i) Comply with and exercise our rights under contracts and agreements, and the law, as may be required by our operations and in pursuit of our legitimate business and commercial objectives;
(ii) Perform and improve our services, and address concerns or questions about those services;
(iii) Implement efficiencies and best practices;
(iv) Obtain services and advice for our operations and business;
(v) Conduct surveys, research, and data gathering exercises;
(vi) Market, promote and share information about the firm and our services;
(vii) Communicate with you; and
(viii) Allow audits and diligence for compliance and other review by advisers or third parties. In this regard, we will require such advisers or third parties to enter into a confidentiality agreement.
- Employee Data
We may collect and process personal data from current or prospective employees in order to initiate, carry out, or terminate an employment agreement, including the results of certain medical examinations that are part of conditions of employment.
For job applicants, we may process personal data required in order to initiate the employment application process. The collected personal data of any applicant, who may not have been hired, may be retained for purposes of future selection process.
We may share an applicant’s or an employee’s personal data when expressly authorized by law or when the applicant or employee concerned has given consent, as when the Company is provided as a reference.
Company files, records (whether or not electronic), computers, devices and facilities are the property of Tayo Si Isko App and/or its affiliates, and we may examine and review their contents at any time, whether or not an officer, employee or other staff has personal data, property or other information stored therein.
We are committed to protect the privacy of our users and we will only collect, record, store, process, and use your personal information in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other pertinent laws. The outline below provides for the manner by which we manage the personal information that we will obtain from you if you visit our website.
5. Collection of Personal Information
We primarily collect your name, company, email address, contact number, and address as required by our form when you contact us. Aside from these, we also obtain the following information:
- Your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, which includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Your social media profile, which may include your pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational background, and employment details, or any other matters which are readily accessible if you link your account with our website;
- Those which you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Those that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- Those that you post to our website for publication on the internet which includes your user name, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Those that relate to any communication that you send to us or send through our website which includes the communication content and metadata associated with the communication; and
- Any other personal or official matters which you choose to send to us.
We will only collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to adequately respond to your inquiries or avail of our services.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to both the disclosure and the processing of his/her personal information in accordance with this policy.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information (“Submissions”) outside of personal information provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you, or that you have the right to make such Submissions.
6. Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information
We mainly use your personal information to provide clear and competent responses to your inquiries with regard to the services that we offer. In relation thereto, we may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service; and
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the permission that you will give us.
7. Third-Party Websites and Content
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
9. Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of affiliates, among others, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may likewise disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable information, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
With the exception of item (d), the retention of your personal information may also be done under the foregoing circumstances. As a general rule, however, we only keep your personal information until such time that we have attained the purpose by which we collect the same.
Under the foregoing circumstances and to the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action against us for the disclosure and retention of your personal information.
10. Security of Personal Information
We will implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. To ensure utmost protection of your personal information, we will store the same on our secured services. However, we cannot guarantee that data sent over the internet will be fully secured considering that the transmission of information online is inherently insecure.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Some internet browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. It is recommended that you check this page occasionally to ensure that you are amenable to any changes made in this policy. We may also notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information or if you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints, you may contact us at ________________________.